March 26, 2012

Kangalicious Diaries in New York: Day Three

So we are at Day Three of the "How to rock your Kanga" Guide! Sooo excited! You think to yourself, "what else can I do with the vibrant rectangular organic cotton fabric?" We say there's so much more!

Today, I decided to wear another Kanga, blue-black and stunning (from my grandma), as a skirt. I wrapped it around my waist, belted it, and tied the bottom corners into a bow at the bottom to give the skirt a shape. What do you think? This is an over-the-knee style that is cute enough to wear to work in the summer. See images below of me in my blue-black, work/ after work ensemble:

Where can you pick up a Kanga and start trying out your own ideas?

Yamerra
12 Lions Studio,
684 Broadway NYC
(Corner of Broadway and Great Jones)

Day 3: The Kanga as a Skirt 
The Kanga is wrapped around the waist, belted, then tied at the bottom, close to the knee


No comments:

Post a Comment